Chocolate Cake Recipe: Best and Easy chocolate cake
The bestest ever chocolate cake I call it! And I mean it. I have tried and tested so many recipes including my mother’s and brother’s (both are extremely passionate bakers by the way) nothing matches this one. I know there are many recipes on line- actually many of them are amazing to eat. I love one from Mary Berry’s which is amazing. http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/495862/mary-berry-s-chocolate-cake
But with one bite of this decadent, moist chocolate cake, every single person who tested it said that this was the best chocolate cake they’d ever tasted. I have made this one for so many birthdays with different frosting added to it: simple plain chocolate, salted caramel, orange chocolate, strawberry and coffee to name the few. Every time it was a winner.
The best thing about this recipe-It is a one bowl mixed cake. No complicated ingredients, No complicated measuring, no complicated steps and no sink full of dishes to wash after wards.
As I keep trying various things with my recipe based on the client needs and food requirements, I thought I would share the following:
Egg-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe: To make the cake an egg-free chocolate cake recipe, I’ve used 2/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce in place of the 2 large eggs in the recipe. You may have to cook a little longer. Just enter a skewer and check for doneness.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe: I’ve used almond milk as well as coconut milk in place of the dairy.
Buttermilk cake for extra moist: I’ve also used buttermilk in place of the milk with great results
Butter and Other Oils: I usually like oil based cake over butter cake as I need to keep my cake for prolong period of time in the fridge during the process of decoration. Also I realised clients never take my advice seriously- never take out a butter based cake out of fridge at least an hour before cutting. And then the result is a hard cake: not because the cake is bad but its butter cake: it stays hard in cold. But who am I to argue with clients: they are always right! Hence safest is to have an oil based cake. I’ve tested using an equal amount of melted coconut oil/olive oil to the vegetable oil. I’ve also tested using the same amount of melted butter in place of the oils in the chocolate cake. While it does make the cake texture slightly different, it is still mighty delicious and worth trying if you’d prefer to use butter in place of oils in your chocolate cake.
I wanted to guard my recipe very close to my heart, lock and key but my daughter taught me sharing is caring!
Soooo here ‘you go go baby!’
- CuisineCakes, Bakes and Dessert
|10-12 people||15-20 minutes|
|45-1 min to hour|
The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe – A one bowl chocolate cake recipe that is quick, easy, and delicious
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 2 Cups sugar
- 3/4 Cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Instant coffee powder or express powder
- 1 Cup Milk/ buttermilk/Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- Chocolate Buttercream for frosting
- Pre heat the Oven . I have a fan oven hence I use 160c and like to bake cakes longer times. in case of gas oven the temp ideally should be 170c. but please check temp based on your oven
- Grease and line a 10 inch cake pan or two 9 inch cake pan
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl. Stir through flour mixture until combined well
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.The cake batter will be very thin after adding the boiling water. This is perfect.
- Distribute cake batter evenly in the cake pans. Bake for 40/45 minutes, ( in my oven) or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the centre of the chocolate cake comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely
- Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting or any other frosting of your choice.