Bhapa Misti Doi -Steamed Sweet Yogurt
Want to have something sweet but have very little time, too tired to make, suddenly guest coming for dinner so need a quick dessert…. Then this is what you want to make………..Bhapa Misti Doi ( steamed Sweet Yogurt).
This is simple.. really really simple!!!!!!!!!!! Try is to know it!
1 –cup fat free Greek yogurt/ or full fat yogurt (no need to use hung curd)
1-cup evaporated milk
1-cup condensed milk (if like little less sweet, add less of condensed milk)
1. Pre heat the oven at 180c( fan oven)
2. Mix all ingredients together
3. Pour in ramekins
4. Fill a baking tray with water and place the ramekins
5. Bake without covering
6. After 30/35 mins the yogurt should set, if not keep until set. Insert a skewer to see if the yogurt is set and the top is light brown. it might be little wobbly though. ( your time may vary depending on the quantity and the oven as well)
7. Set in the fridge for 2 hours before serving so that it is not wobbly any more
8. Garnish it with saffron or fruits like Mango and serve. You can serve it plain without any garnish too and it taste awesome! Enjoy the creaminess of the misti doi
For regular update from my blog, please visit my face book page here and click ‘like’. Also, follow me at my blog. I am featured at Network bloggers. You can also leave your comments here. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome. Hope to see you again!
8 thoughts on “Bhapa Misti Doi -Steamed Sweet Yogurt”
The texture is calling my name !! Love this jhat pat dessert
Loved it!! Such a simple way to make bhapa doi!!
Thank you so much!
Thanks a tonnnnnnnnnnnn!
at which temperature yogurt should be baked for 30/35 min? This is so yummy…
Moushumi Shultana.. thanks for visiting my page. I hope you liked it here. regarding the baking heat.. i have a fan oven and I pre heated the oven at 180C and baked the doi in the same temp for 30mins. But if you have a gas oven you might need to use 200C… but use your oven based on your exp with it.. and as this is not a cake you can use your instinct on baking time.. just make sure that top is little brown
this is awesome Simon. Thanks that I called you this morning for the recipe. i knew you are the only one who can have a doi recipe which is tasty and easy to make. you are a star
Thank you so much! keep calling!