Lemon Cheesecake Cups
Cheesecake cup served with raspberry, mint and homemade chocolate sauce
Serves: Makes 12 Lemon cheesecakes
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Baking time: 20/30 mins Depending on oven
Chilling time: 2 hours (well you can do less if you don’t have time, but less than one 1 hour will not make the cheese cake settle)
Ingredients for Crust:
10- Digestive Biscuits (I used McVities)
2-teaspoon low fat spread (room temperature. This is important). You can also use butter if you like.
2-teaspoon sugar (optional. I did not use sugar)
Cheesecake cup served with mango, strawberry sauce and homemade chocolate curls
Ingredients for Filling:
200g full fat cream cheese (room temperature)
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2-teaspoon Lemon essence
½ teaspoon of grated Lemon Zest
50ml single cream
Pinch of salt
Method for preparing the cheesecake cups:
1. Pre heat the oven 180c or 300 degree F.
2. Line 12 cups muffin tray with paper cup liners
1. Put the digestive biscuits in a zip lock plastic bag. Use a roller pin to make crumbs. You can also make crumb by putting them in a blender or using a mortar pestle
2. Put the crumbs in a bowl and combine low fat spread/butter and sugar (optional). Divide the mixture among 12 muffin cups. Press the crumbs to make the layer at the bottom of the cups. Cover with cloth or cling film and chill while you make the filling.
1. Using an electric mixer/beater, beat the cream cheese on a low speed until creamy and silk smooth.
2. Add the sugar and salt and beat again for 2/3 mins.
3. Add the egg and beat until the ingredients combine
4. Add single cream, lemon essence and lemon zest
5. Scrape the sides of the bowls and beat well until smooth and thick. But never beat too much or on too high speed as you do not want to have much air in the filling
|Taking the paper liner off the cheese cake cups|
1. Take the crust (the muffin tray) out of refrigerator
2. Divide the filling among 12 muffin cups
3. Put the tray in the pre heated over and bake for 20 mins or until firm but the centre of the cheesecake is wobbly
4. Take it out of oven and let the cakes cool (over wire rack if you have. Otherwise just leave them over wherever you put hot stuff and let them cool down)
5. Once cool, cover with plastic wrap or cling film and refrigerate for 1-hour minimum, best 2 hours if you are not in hurry or even over night if you like.
6. Before serving take off the paper liners
7. Serve with fruits like mango , red grapes, raspberries, strawberries, chocolate curls or/and sauce or even lemon curd.
Cheesecake cup served with strawberry, red grapes, mango and chocolate sauce