Salmon pan-fried in coriander coconut paste
I realise that it is dangerous to call a recipe mine, but this really was born out of desperation using ‘whatever was there in the fridge’. Also, this is the first recipe of Salmon that I cooked back in 2008 when we moved to UK. I never eat Salmon before, so it was like, a true use of trial and error method in cooking. And bingo! Since then it is a smashing hit at home. I love it!
And, I will like to call this my recipe, J keeping in mind that any similarity to any other dish is purely unintentional and hey hey, don’t genius’s think alike?! Ha ha ha!
Preparation time: 15 mins, 10 mins marinating
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Ingredients for paste:
5/6-tablespoon chopped coriander (a bunch really)
1-teaspoon of black mustard seed and little extra for frying
½-teaspoon of cumin seed
1- green chili (increase quantity depending on taste)
5/6 tablespoon lemon juice
Ingredient for cooking:
1-tablespoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. Marinate Salmon with salt and lemon juice and keep aside
2. Put all the ingredients for paste together (except lemon juice) and make a paste using a blender or mortar pestle or the traditional ‘pata’ ( Bengali word)
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add the extra mustard seed
4. When the mustard seeds start to splutter, add the paste, add salt and fry it a little or until the paste is semi dried. Add lemon juice
5. Marinate the Salmon with the fried paste for sometime
6. Add rest of the oil in a frying pan and heat.
7. Pan fry the marinated salmon
8. Serve with roti or rice or just as starter